Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A summer of running...

Hello there, you patient friends and fans. I know its been a while.

I've been...let's say...RUNNING. On so many levels.

Last year was rough...pretty hectic. I was trying to work full time, run a side business, not to mention trying to be a good mom. I realized once I had 211 people on my waiting list that I was taking on too much and I stopped taking names. I started 2010 just taking orders for friends and family.

By June, I was happy to just have a steady stream of projects to work on without having to stay up until 4 am to get them finished. I had finally emerged from what we call here at the Newman household as my "Etsy Coma".

After I wrote my last post on June 21st, I decided that this summer I was going to only be the best mom I could be. I needed to give my kids back some time. Don't get me wrong...even during the Etsy Coma I still feel like my kids and I did a lot, but not as much as we could have if I had been more awake and present. So I decided to give up blogging here for the summer.

Photobucket

We "ran" somewhere pretty much every day...to the beach, to grandma's, to the pool, to the cabin, to the fountain park, to the library, etc, etc. I also started running again {literally} and am feeling so strong mentally and physically. So now that we're here, I decided I can blog again! My posts will be further in between than they were in the past, but I'll be around.

Thanks so much for all your kind Facebook and Email inquiries as to where the heck I've been. I'm still here...just slowing it down a bit for now. Don't count me out just yet...we've still got big plans for this biz for SOMEDAY. A whole DIY store that's been sitting ready to go for well over year, but that I am too scared will turn into a monster when I do. Dreams of a real space to work in. Dreams of a book. Dreams of employees. But that will have to be saved until my kids are in school full time. For now I'm happy that they are happy and healthy. It is the job I've looked forward to the most for my whole life and I don't want to look back with regrets.

If you even still reading and want to keep up to speed with the Newmans on a personal level, you can check out the friday five, our family bloggity blog. Otherwise I will be back with a post or two here sometime soon...Beckett's monster party, the annual ice cream party, DIY canvasses, etc, etc, etc!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Glad you had a great summer! Family comes first! We sure do miss you here in blogland!;)

Jodee said...

We missed you! Your absence forced me to make my own cupcake picks and banners this year! However, they weren't near as cute as yours!

Keli said...

I am glad you enjoyed your summer with your children...there never seems to be enough time to do everything, is there?! I have checked back often looking for new, creative ideas from you and wondering where you've been...now I know :) Can't wait to see what you have coming and thank you for all your fun party inspiration and for being a GREAT Mom.

My Daily Circus said...

proud of you babe!