Thursday, August 13, 2009

Photographing Your Kids Parties

I wish I were a professional photographer, but I am not. I practice as much as I can, but I am often still disappointed after my kids parties that I didn't get the pics I was looking for.

One thing I have learned since my oldest child's first birthday is that if I depend on myself to get all the pictures at the party I will surely be disappointed, so now my mom and my sister take pictures the whole day so I don't need to worry (I do it for her, too, for her kid's parties...works out perfectly). I also take some decorations pics about an hour before everyone arrives. I am always looking for great tips on how to take better pictures...since we spend so much time preparing we may as well have some good memories when its over, too, right?


Photo courtesy of The Vintage Pearl

The other day when I was on Twitter (follow me here!) I noticed a tweet from my friend Julie of On The Dot Creations. It was a link to a great article she found from Digital Photography School, a website with simple tips to help digital camera owners get the most out of their cameras. This particular article was titled How To Photograph a Child's Birthday Party. There are some really good and simple tips to getting better pics of the party. Read it before your child's next party!


Photo courtesy of The Vintage Pearl

You can also subscribe to get email tutorials containing beginner tips to making your pictures better. Just remember to send me a copy of your pics after your party is over!

No comments: