Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Jumpin' Monkeys

Our best couple friends live right down the street from us. It is a looooong story of how we got here, but my hubs and I went to high school with Kelley. Our kids are the same age (maybe kind of planned it that way :) and they have the perfect sense of humor for Eric and I, so we always say we can NEVER move from our house because we can't leave the Pankakes (yes, their real last name...sorry Kel, but you KNOW I'll get the question if I don't say that it really is.)

I was so excited when Kelley asked me to help her decorate for the kids party this year. They are renting an inflatable jumper (all the rage these days...too bad my kids have birthdays when there is snow on the ground!) and wanted to do a "jumpin' monkey" theme.

She wanted formal invitations to send to friends and family coming to the party, but also was inviting Braxton's friends from school for the afternoon to jump, so needed some informal invites to hand out at school, too.

After giving me the general color guidelines to match the shirts she'd ordered and the requirement that there must be bananas on it as well, here is what I came up with:

Photobucket

Lots more coming from this party! It's going to be a fun one!

No comments: