Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Bridal Bouquet for Tracie

We threw a bridal shower for Tracie, my best friend from high school, this past weekend.  When we were younger, Tracie made me promise that if she turned 30 and was still unmarried that I would throw her an "I'm Not a Bride Yet" shower.  She said it wasn't fair that just because she couldn't find a man didn't mean that she shouldn't have nice dishes! : )  Well, today I am officially 6 months shy of my 30th, and Tracie is 9 months shy of hers, so I was very glad to be throwing her an actual bridal shower instead of the other kind!

Here are a few pics from the shower:  

Did anyone notice the date on the banner?  In true Tracie and Ryan fashion, they secretly eloped in July after only being engaged only a month.  They are high school sweethearts reunited (I should post a prom pic of Tracie, Ryan, my husband, and myself from 1997, but I don't wish to embarrass myself that much!), so we knew their engagement would be short, just not that short!  

They are going to have a reception here in September and are using the colors green, yellow, and pink, so I tried to stick to those colors as much as possible.  Here are a couple of their wedding pics that I used for decoration inspiration, too:


Congrats, Tracie and Ryan!


1 comment:

My Daily Circus said...

OMG!!! Look at them still so stinkin cute! How fun- say congrats to her for me!